Certificate Course in Digital Cinematography
- How the video or TV Camera Works. Different types of TV Camera? Difference between a Film & TV camera and Images.
- Different types of Camera mounts & heads.
- Different types of camera movement.
- Camera lens – different types & properties of lenses.
- Camera composition. Principles of camera composition.
- Differences between a Digital & Analogue image. Digital & Analogue Image formation theory.
- Different types of shots used in cinematography/ videography.
- Colour filters: Use of colour filters in Cinematography.
- Different types of shooting formats and aspect ratio (RAW, 2k, 4k, JPEG etc).
- Colour Correction, Principles of colour correction.
- Basic use of lighting in Cinematography. Principles of different types of lights used in Cinematography. Quality of lighting; Hard and Soft lighting, Soft but Directional lighting.
- Use of light balancing and colour conversion filters in Cinematography. Colour temperature
- Lighting for static and moving shots. Lighting for character and camera movement.
Class 1: Practical with D-90 still camera. Principles of composition.
Class 2 to 5: Lighting and camera operation practical with AG HX 90 Camera. Introduction to tungsten lights and artificial daylights. Creation of indoor day and night sequences with actors. Camera menu. Lighting for static shots. Change of camera angles in a scene. Ratio lighting – introduction.
Class 6 to 8: Lighting and camera operation practical with z7p/ NX3/ NX100 camera. Location lighting – introduction. Use of natural daylight as ambient daylight. Introduction to mixed lighting. Lighting of character and camera movement with actors.
Class 9: Lighting and camera operations with Canon EX3/ Panasonic P2HD Camera
Class 10 to11: DSLR Cinematography with Canon 5D-MARK III/ MARK IV/ 7D/ Nikon 700D Camera. Controlling of camera movement for DSLR cinematography. Shooting an action scene.
Class 12 to 13: Lighting and camera operation with Sony AS7/ BlackMagic Cinema camera. Location outdoor lighting. Song picturisation techniques with choreographer and artists.
Theory classes would be followed by Practical classes.
After successful completion of the course, students can start their career in the television and film industry as an assistant camera person or as an assistant to an established camera person or in a studio or television channel. They can also start working as an independent camera person or even pursue further studies at SRFTI or FTII.
Assistant camera operator
The course will be conducted by a professional cameraman with about 20 years of industry experience. He is an alumnus of Film & Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune.
The total fee for this course is INR 35,000 + 18% GST.
Payment can be made by account payee cheque or demand draft drawn in favour of CALCUTTA MEDIA INSTITUTE Pvt Ltd. And payable at Kolkata.
For payment by NEFT use the following information about CMI Bank account:
NAME: CALCUTTA MEDIA INSTITUTE PVT. LTD.
ADDRESS: 501 Elgin Chambers, 1A Ashutosh Mukherjee Road, Kolkata – 700020
PAN NO: AADCC7715N
NAME OF THE BANK: HDFC BANK LTD.
C D A/C NO: 50200060714930
RTGS IFSC NO: HDFC0000469
MICR NO: 700240024
ADDRESS OF THE BANK: 88 CHOWRINGHEE ROAD, 1ST FLOOR, KOLKATA-700 020
Send Transaction Id to CMI at firstname.lastname@example.org post completion of the transfer of funds
Course Start Dates & Campus
Theoretical classes will be held at CMI campus usually on Saturdays from 5 pm to 7 pm , while the practical classes will be held both at CMI & different outdoor locations / studios usually on Sundays from 11 am to 5 pm.
Saturday: Theoretical classes from 5 – 7 pm Sunday: Practical classes from 11 am – 5 pm
Calcutta Media Institute (CMI), 501 Elgin Chambers, 5th Floor, 1A Ashutosh Mukherjee Road, Kolkata
The practical classes will be held both at CMI & different outdoor locations.
Collect a physical form from: CMI, 501, Elgin Chambers, 5th Floor, 1A, Ashutosh Mukherjee Road, Calcutta 700 020. Fill up the form, fix or upload a recent photograph, attach an address proof and submit at CMI or online
In case of any further queries, please call 40576612 or 9051653877
You can contact 9831230988 or 40576605