Post Graduate Diploma in Media Management
PGDMM Specialization in Broadcast Management
Calcutta Media Institute (CMI), promoted by ABP Pvt. Ltd., and Indian Institute of Social Welfare & Business Management (IISWBM), pioneers in business management in India have come together to offer a one year Post Graduate Diploma Course in Media Management of University of Calcutta with specialization in Broadcast Management.
This course, perhaps the only one of its kind in India, helps to prepare students interested in careers in the Television and Radio Industry.
August 2018 to July 2019
One full Academic year spread over Two Semesters will include theoretical papers, projects/ assignments and industry Internship.
- Business Economics & Basic Accounting for Managers
- Business Organization & Management Science in Communications
- Marketing Management
- Brand Management
- Media & Communication Research Methodologies
- Culture & Communication
- Business of Media
- Growth of Television Industry in India
- Television Content Development & Management
- Television Production Management
- Television Production Technology
- Television Channel Management – GEC & News
- Radio Programming & Management
- Radio Marketing & Branding
- Television Planning & Buying
- Marketing & Managing Television
- Internship and Project Writing
This course is completed in two semesters. The teaching is done by academicians and practicing professionals from the Television and Radio industry, supported by guest lectures by eminent Television and Radio personalities. The students are exposed to workshops and technical sessions and visits to relevant Television channels/Production Houses and Radio Stations. They are expected to undertake short term projects in the relevant fields. The assessment is based on written tests at the end of each semester and also on the assignments and internships. Equipment, like LCD projectors, audio systems, wifi and broadband internet connection, etc. is available and will be used as per need of the teaching methodology.
Graduates in any discipline, preferably in Mass Communication, Media Science or BBA, from a UGC recognized University in 10+2+3 system with at least 50% in aggregate. Students graduating from a university other than University of Calcutta will have to register at University of Calcutta to be eligible to study this course.
On successful completion of the course, students are awarded a Post Graduate Diploma by University of Calcutta. Successful students could look forward to a career in any of the following disciplines/departments as an employee or as a freelancer:
- Programming & Production
- Marketing & Brand Activation
- Radio Programming
- Radio Marketing & Sales
Production Houses – Production and Post-Production related roles like Assistant EP/EP/Channel Liaison, etc.
TV Planning & Buying at Media Agencies
Media Marketing & Sales
Past students of this course are currently working in leading Television Channels, Production Houses, Media Agencies and Radio Stations.
|Malay Dasgupta||Saibal Chatterjee|
|Dr. S. Banerjee||Prof. A. Majumdar|
|Dr. T. Ray||Santanu Bhattacharya|
|Dr. A Sharma||Sujoy Prosad Chatterjee|
|Dr. G Das||Prof. Abdul Rajjak|
|Sujata Saha||Anil Kuriakose|
|Sandip Ghosh||Aparna Sinha|
|Sandip Chaudhuri||Ashoke Viswanathan|
|Prasenjit Das Purkayastha|
|Prof. Saayan Chattopadhyay|
|Shubhojit Kumar Ganguly|
The fee for the course is Rs. 2,50,000.
A sum of Rs. 5000 will be collected as Library Caution Money.
(Library caution money will be refunded at the conclusion of the course after necessary deduction, if any.)
Loan facility: The Institute will provide the certificate to an applicant seeking loan from a bank which has floated the ‘Loan Scheme’, referring that the candidate is a bonafide student of the Institute.
Installment Facility: Students who don’t want to avail education loan can pay the total fee in a maximum of 3 installments, as follows: Rs. 1,30,000 at the time of admission and Rs. 60,000 each by 15th of December 2017 and 15th of March 2018.
All cheques/demand drafts for non-loan admission should be drawn in favour of Calcutta Media Institute Pvt. Ltd. and payable in Kolkata. Delay in payment of fees will attract a penalty.
Classes will be conducted at the following addresses as per circulated routine.
- Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business Management (IISWBM), College Square West, Kolkata 700 073 and
- Calcutta Media Institute (CMI), 501 Elgin Chambers, 5th Floor, 1A Ashutosh Mukherjee Road, Kolkata 700 020.
The selection will be based on Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. To participate in the selection process, please download the form available in this website under the Admission Section or at www.iiswbm.edu. You can also collect the physical form from either of the following addresses. The form will cost Rs. 500, payable in cash for a physical copy and payable at the time of submission for downloaded and printed forms. Filled up application forms with the following supporting documents should be submitted within the stipulated dates at:
- Calcutta Media Institute Pvt. Ltd., 501 Elgin Chambers, 5th Floor, 1A Ashutosh Mukherjee Road, Kolkata 700 020
- Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business Management, Management House, College Square West, Kolkata 700 073
- Photograph (preferably stamp size coloured)
- Proof of date of birth
- Proof of address
- Proof of educational qualification (copies of marksheets Class X onwards)
- Copy of registration certificate of University of Calcutta (for CU graduates)
- Graduates of Universities other than Calcutta have to obtain migration certificate from their graduating university and register at University of Calcutta, if selected for this course.
Selection on the basis of Graduation, Group Discussion & Personal Interview.
For any enquiries please contact:
- J.B. Roychowdhury, Calcutta Media Institute (M +91 98312 30988 / 98305 80988 / T +91 33 3008 6605)
- Romili Banerjee, IISWBM, (T +91 33 4023 7474 / 2241 3756)