Professional Certificate Courses
Certificate Course in Content Strategy and Marketing
Certificate Course on Content Marketing is an approximately 3-month program with around 30 contact hours. The participants are trained on the concepts and applications of content marketing including extensive hands-on sessions. The Course is certified by Calcutta Media Institute (CMI), an ABP Group initiative. The Course is aimed at those who want to make a career in Online Content Marketing. This Course is open for people from any academic and professional background (professionals, entrepreneurs, students, homemakers, etc.) having an interest in creating and managing online content for organizations. We believe that this course will be especially beneficial for those from a background of mass communication, journalism, public relations, advertising, and liberal arts. People considering a work-from-home career option will find this course very helpful. A good grasp over a particular language is an advantage but not a necessity for taking this course.
The course curriculum and pedagogy are created considering the latest development in the area and demand of the industry.
Key Areas Covered
Following are the key areas that are covered in the Course. Detailed coverage is provided in the Course Curriculum section.
- Introduction to Content Marketing
- Consumer Insight
- Content Creation
- Content Editing-Lab Sessions
- Content Marketing
- Content Management
- Content Strategy
- Monetizing Content
- Examination (not included within 30 hrs)
3 months (approx 30 hours)
19 August 2019
This course is spread over approximately 3 months with around 30 contact hours. The contact hours will be delivered in approximately 15 sessions, each session being of 2-hour duration.
During the course, the faculty may ask participants to complete several in-class and take-home assignments. The participants are expected to complete these assignments on time and up-to the expected quality standard. This is a pre-requisite for completion of the course.
At the end of the course, the participants are to take an examination consisting of all the topics covered during the course. In order to complete the certification, the participants have to complete all assignments given by the faculty satisfactorily and score above the cut-off marks in the examination. The cut-off marks will be declared by the faculty at the commencement of the course.
Note: The topics covered in class may vary to a reasonable degree from what is enumerated in the curriculum at the discretion of the faculty. This is to ensure that the course is relevant to the latest development in the industry and addresses specific requirements and interests of the batch.
- Understanding the various facets of content management in the Digital Age – content creation, content curation, content strategy formulation, content marketing (marketing products leveraging content), content monetization
- The importance of content creation, marketing, management and strategy in the Digital Age
- Content marketing and marketing content
Understanding your consumer before creating content for them
- Textual, visual and audio-visual content, and their uses
- Framework for content creation
- The art of storytelling
Content Editing-Lab Sessions
- Fundamentals of image editing using Photoshop
- Fundamentals of Video Editing
- Leveraging web and social media technology for blogging
- Principles for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for effective content promotion
- Paid content promotion in Search and Social Media
- Curation of content
- Defining metrics for a successful content
- Measuring and monitoring the effectiveness of content using online measurement engagement, with metrics
- Online reputation management
- Social listening
- Influencer Marketing
Developing an Integrated Content Strategy for Brands
Stitching all components of content marketing together into a comprehensive integrated content strategy for an organization
Successfully marketing your own content and earning out of your content
The course is delivered through a series of lectures, demonstrations, hands-on assignments and exercises.
- The candidate must have a minimum qualification of a Graduation Degree
- The candidate may have 1 to 3 years of work experience, but freshers are also welcome
- Promoters, Business Owners and Entrepreneurs can join
- Basic level of comfort in using computers, email and internet is required.
- Participants are expected to have their own laptops and bring them to class for effective participation in hands-on sessions. Internet connection will be provided by the institute.
This course is intended to impart the participants with the knowledge and skills required to use content marketing techniques and tools effectively in the workplace. For those who are considering a career move or specialization in content marketing, this course will provide with a jump start. On successful completion of this course participants should be able to:
- Understand and appreciate the role of Content Marketing in today’s business scenario
- Create and implement contents for organizations
- Apply various tools and techniques for successful implementations
- Create a successful Content Marketing strategy
- Prepare for a career in Content Marketing
While CMI does not provide placement assistance in such professional courses directly, our records say that many of our alumni have received good career breaks after completing similar courses through network developed with other participants, alumni, faculty and other CMI officials.
CMI has a track record of providing the best possible infrastructure, industry-relevant modules and highly qualified industry-based faculties for all its courses. The course designers and faculties for our courses come from distinguished academic and professional
backgrounds. Our lead faculties in this course deliver similar courses in digital marketing and management, at IIMs, IITs, and other leading management Institutes and are consultant, coach and trainer to leading corporate and government departments.
One of the strengths of this course is the faculties for this course. Our faculties come with strong academic and industry background.
The designers and lead faculties for this course are Atanu Ghosh and Avik Chanda.
Atanu runs Bluebeaks Solutions, a digital transformation consulting firm and Salt n Soap, a technology platform for online supermarkets. Atanu is the course designer and faculty in several leading institutes including some of the top-ranking IIMs. Prior to his entrepreneurial stint, Atanu served as a Director with IBM where he consulted several Fortune 100 companies in India and abroad. Atanu is a BE from Jadavpur University and a Post Graduate Diploma in Management from IIM Bangalore.
Avik is a business advisor, coach, author and a speaker empaneled with The Outstanding Speakers’ Bureau. He has over 20 years’ experience in Big 4 Consulting firms, playing leadership and organizational roles, in working with some of the world’s largest organizations. He is a regular contributor to Harvard Business Review Ascend, and author of the nationally acclaimed business book, From Command To Empathy: Using EQ in the Age of Disruption, published by HarperCollins.
Classroom (Classes at CMI campus) - Rs.30,000/ + GST
10% special discount in case an organization sponsors more than 2 persons to participate in the course
For payment by NEFT use the following information about CMI Bank account :
NAME: CALCUTTA MEDIA INSTITUTE PVT. LTD.
ADDRESS: 501 Elgin Chambers, 1A Ashutosh Mukherjee Road , Kolkata – 700 020
PAN NO: AADCC7715N
NAME OF THE BANK: PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK
C D A/C NO: 0083050002455
RTGS IFSC NO: PUNB0008320
MICR NO: 700024205
ADDRESS OF THE BANK: COLLEGE STREET BRANCH, YMCA BUILDING, 90/7 A, M.G.ROAD, KOLKATA-700 012
Send Transaction Id to CMI at firstname.lastname@example.org post completion of the transfer of
Course Duration : 3 months.
Mode of Delivery: a) Classroom (classes at CMI)
Classes to begin on 19 August 2019
Classes will be held at CMI: 2 days every week, each class of 2 hours
Monday - 6.30 pm to 8.30 pm
Friday- 6.30 pm to 8.30 pm
Admission to the course is on a first-come-first-registered basis.
To apply online click here
Alternatively, you can collect paper form from CMI Office and submit duly filled. A photo will be necessary. Pay the stipulated fee to complete the admission process.