Post Graduate Diploma in Media Management
PGDMM Specialization in Digital Marketing and Social Media
Calcutta Media Institute (CMI), promoted by ABP Pvt. Ltd. and Indian Institute of Social Welfare & Business Management (IISWBM), pioneers in business management in India have come together to offer a one year Post Graduate Diploma Course in Media Management of University of Calcutta with specialization in Digital Marketing and Social Media.
This course has been designed to provide an opportunity to young graduates to acquire professional skills for pursuing a career in Digital and Social Media Marketing in India.
- Business Economics & Basic Accounting for Managers
- Business Organisation & Management
- Marketing Managment
- Brand Management
- Media & Communication Research Methodologies
- Culture & Communication
- Fundamentals of Digital Marketing & Website Design
- Search Marketing
- Advertising & Creative Development
- Event Management
- Internship & Project writing
- Online PR & Reputation Managment
- Digital Media Analytics
- Brand / Account Planning for Digital Marketing
- Integrated Media Planning & Buying
- Online Display & Video Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Mobile App & Media Marketing
The faculty comprises eminent academicians and leading industry professionals, who have also consulted with major companies like ABP Group, Asian Paints, ITC, CESC, National Insurance, Emami Group and various Government bodies.
August 2018 to July 2019
The Course will be delivered over a period of 1 year. The academic year is divided into 2 Semesters , while the final semester will be an Internship with industry. Thus, by the time students pass out, apart from a sound theoretical and practical base, the students would have already acquired an industry experience.
This Course will also prepare students for Certification Examinations for Google Adwords and Google Analytics. Interested students can appear for the above Certification Examinations separately.
This Course is delivered through a unique pedagogy whose key elements consist of
1. Concept Building Theory Sessions – The fundamental theories of Digital Marketing are taught in these sessions.
2. Practical Sessions on “Data Labs” – While a conceptual foundation is critical towards understanding Digital Marketing, Digital Marketing has a significant “technical” component that can only be taught and understood through practical use of technical tools (like Google Adwords, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads, etc) applied on live data of real business. CMI has collaborated with companies and organizations from a diverse sectors like FMCG, Retail and E-Commerce, Travel and Tourism, Healthcare, Education and Government and set up “Data Labs” using real data from business (sans confidential business information). The students of the Course are provided practical training on the Data Labs.
3. Take Home Assignments – Students are given assignments to be completed at home. Such assignments are developed around practical case studies for organizations across various verticals
4. Industry Internship – Students will have the opportunity to work with organizations of repute in Digital Marketing space. Thus, by the time the students pass out, they would have already got a 2 to 3 month of working experience.
Graduates in any discipline, including Law & Engineering from a UGC recognized University in 10+2+3 system with at least 50% in aggregate. On admission, students graduating from a university other than University of Calcutta, will have to register at University of Calcutta to be eligible to study this course.
Staffing Industry Analyst Report predicts a requirement of over 1, 60, 000 Digital Marketing Professionals in India.
The career opportunities of a Digital Marketing Professional are in
- Advertising and Media Agencies - Most large and reputed agencies today have a significant digital division
- Digital Media Agencies – They are Agencies specializing in Digital Media. At present there are more than 250 Digital Agencies in India alone. They account for more than Rs. 2,000 crore in revenue
- Analytics Companies – Analytics companies require Digital Marketing professionals for analyzing digital campaigns for their clients as well as for analytics on their websites
- Marketing Department of Companies – Marketing departments of almost all companies across all verticals are now having Digital Marketing Professionals in their teams either to do digital marketing internally or to manage the digital agencies
- Software Companies – Software companies engaged in development of web portals, e-commerce portals, mobile apps, etc. for their clients, require Digital Marketing Professionals to make their software aligned to the requirements of the digital agencies.
- Freelance – Digital Marketing provides almost infinite scope of freelancing working from home, serving clients globally and getting remunerated in international currencies.
Atanu Ghosh (HoD) - Founder and CEO of Salt n Soap, Online Grocery Store. Electrical Engineer from Jadavpur University Kolkata India. PGDM from Indian Institute of Management Bangalore India.
Amitabha Sinha- General Manager IT and Digital, ABP Group. Mathematics and Computer Science Engineer from IIT Delhi. Master’s Degree in Computer Systems Networking and Telecommunications. MBA Marketing from IIM Bangalore.
Abhijan Nandy- Chief Executive Officer at Allindia Technologies Ltd. MBA in Marketing from IISWBM.
Partha Das- Founder of Ready Smart Solutions. BE in Computer Science from Jadavpur University. MBA (Executive) in General Management from IIM Bangalore.
Samrat Mukherjee- Founder and Owner of Crow’s Nest
Anjan Bhadra- Head Marketing Rollick (Prestige Ice Creams Pvt. Ltd), MBM in Business Management from Calcutta University. Residential MDP on General Management from IIM Indore
Susmita Mukhopadhyay- MBA in Systems and Operation Research Management from University of Burdwan
The fee for the course is Rs.2,50,000
All the cheques / demand drafts should be drawn in favour of Calcutta Media Institute Pvt Ltd and payable in Kolkata.Payment can be made by NEFT / RTGS by using the following details:
NAME: CALCUTTA MEDIA INSTITUTE PVT. LTD.
ADDRESS: 501 Elgin Chambers, 1A Ashutosh Mukherjee Road, Kolkata – 700 020
NAME OF THE BANK: UNITED BANK OF INDIA
ADDRESS OF THE BANK: COLLEGE STREET BRANCH, YMCA BUILDING, 90/7 A, M.G.ROAD, KOLKATA-700 012.
C D A/C NO: 0083050002455
RTGS IFSC NO: UTBI0COL108
Classes will be conducted at the following addresses as per circulated routine.
- Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business Management (IISWBM), College Square West, Kolkata 700 073 and
- Calcutta Media Institute (CMI), 501 Elgin Chambers, 5th Floor, 1A Ashutosh Mukherjee Road, Kolkata 700 020.
The selection will be based on Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. To participate in the selection process, please download the form available in this website under the Admission Section or at www.iiswbm.edu. To apply Online click here.
You can also collect the physical form from the following address.
The form will cost Rs. 500, payable in cash for a physical copy and payable at the time of submission for downloaded and printed forms. For applying online, you can complete an online payment of Rs. 500 after submitting the form or pay during the submission of credentials during admission process.
Filled up application forms with the following supporting documents should be submitted within the stipulated dates at:
Calcutta Media Institute Pvt. Ltd., 501 Elgin Chambers, 5th Floor, 1A Ashutosh Mukherjee Road, Kolkata 700 020
(behind B, Sarkar Johuree at the intersection of Ashutosh Mukherjee Road)For more information, visit the institute or contact:
Calcutta Media Institute, (M +91 9051653877 / 98305 80988 / T + 91 33 3008 6605)
Documents to be submitted:
- Photograph (preferably stamp size coloured)
- Proof of date of birth
- Proof of address
- Proof of educational qualification (copies of marksheets Class X onwards)
- Copy of registration certificate of University of Calcutta (for CU graduates)
- Graduates of Universities other than Calcutta have to obtain migration certificate from their graduating university and register at University of Calcutta, if selected for this course.